Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mystory IV

What is Home?

I would define home as a place where one can feel safe and secure.It can also be any place where you feel a sense of belonging. I feel this connects to my blog design and homepage through my background as home also can represent a calm place (Something an ocean can symbolize).  Many people think of home as simply a place where they happen to live. I believe this is a rather narrow-minded assumption. Home is no limited to any type of building. Home can exist just about anywhere where you feel it exists in your life.

Decision Scene



I have chosen a picture of a galaxy for my decision scene. A single galaxy can hold can hold many possibilities and discoveries for us to explore. That is not even counting the rest of the universe! This is how I feel when making decisions. I consider the possibilities of each choice and how they will affect me. I also explore different solutions from the ones initially proposed. When making a decision, there can be as many possibilities as there are stars in space.

Link to picture:  http://coolinterestingstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/space-photos-53.jpg

Family Disclosure

http://www.whe.org/assets/images/christmas-tree.jpg

One memory from my childhood I will always remember is when my family gathered at my grandparents' house for Christmas when I was about 10 years old. What makes this memory stand out is that it shows how close our family is. At this point in my life, our family was scattered all around the Oklahoma and Texas area. Despite our distances apart, we always got together during the holidays to celebrate and see each other again to discuss our year and share memories and experiences. This is why I always look forward to the holidays. It's my memory of this Christmas that reminds me how close my family is.

Link to picture: http://www.whe.org/assets/images/christmas-tree.jpg

Family Album

When I look through my family pictures, there are two pictures that clearly stand out in my mind. Those pictures are of my father and grandfather in their military uniforms. Even if you did not know the people in the pictures, you can still draw a lot of conclusions from what you see. The men in the pictures are stern, at attention, and carry an air of confidence about them.

Before my father went into the Air Force, he was not the same person as he is today. He described the military as an institution that broke a man down and rebuilt them into someone new. That certainly seems to be the case with my father. Today, my father and grandfather can both be described as responsible and hardworking men. When I think of those pictures, it reminds of how such an experience can shape a person into what they are today.

I would define an endocept as memories we are not completely aware of, but are still be able to feel.There are glimmering images into are mindset that may have a concept that we may not necessarily consciously build.

1 comment:

  1. These are thoughtful entries. I am particularly intrigued by what your dad says about the military. I will be interested to see what you think about Virginia Woolf's estimation of the military in Three Guineas.

    ReplyDelete