Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mystory V

Cosmogram

I feel that right now my personal cosmos is my dorm room. Perhaps the most interesting thing about this particular cosmos is that it both serves as my place to relax after classes and my work place. It serves as my place of relaxation as it is a place where I play video games, read a book, or go online. I stands as my workplace because my dorm is also where I go to study, type my papers, and do online assignments. I see my dorm as a versatile cosmos that is my oasis to escape the cycle of work, as well as an office to accomplish said work. These two facts make a cosmos I am glad to occupy.

Mapping Home



 The lines I have drawn connect to the areas in which my family happens to live. At first, the lines seem to form just a simple triangle. As I think about, one of the shapes a roof is associated with is a triangle. Upon his realization, I have come to the conclusion that the triangle formed serves as a logo of the different roofs we may live under and that the connecting lines are also a symbol of how our family is always connected despite how far we may be from one another.


Link to picture: http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/usa-maps/USA-Major-Cities.jpg

Vernacular Genres

As my blog theme is that of an ocean, I will discuss an activity that my family did that I loved to do. This activity was fishing. What I loved about our fishing trips was not only the actual fishing, but the bonding that we were able to achieve. We would usually fish in a secluded and quiet place, which allowed us to talk in an uninterrupted manner. We have not only learned more about each other as people and as a family, we have also solved personal problems and created lifelong memories (such as catching my first fish and miraculously fishing one of our poles back out of the ocean) through this activity. I hope we will continue to take fishing trips and that I will one day take my children on fishing trips as well.

Mapping the popcycle

While growing up in Durant, Oklahoma, I am surprised to see how much m seemingly simple town has to offer as I got older. In my childhood, my life was centered around my family's house and Silo School where I attended since second grade. As time passed on, my horizon spanned to SOSU, where I currenly attend college courses. I also am now familiar with city hall downtown, the city library, and our local museum. I is amazing how much I was missing in my hometown. these discoveries have inspired to travel later in life in order to see even more of the world outside of my hometown. Although I may travel, I still want to keep the roots and discoveries of my hometown, no mater how far I may be. 



3 comments:

  1. I like what you said about the roof that you and all your family figuratively live under. That is a nice analogy. Take care to read back through your mystory entries, Devin, to fix typos. There are quite a few in these three entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cool that both of our families used fishing trips as bonding times too. I went deep sea fishing and despite motion sickness, it was pretty fun. I likes how you talked about how your family got closer. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you have spent so much time at the local museum and library. Most people don't take the time to find those local places and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete